Right now Google seems to be trying to improve their Followers gadget, and is perhaps incorporating the services of other developers as well. I can't really tell what they're doing with it. But I'll give you my first impressions:
- I really like that they are trying to open Following up to more than just Blogger bloggers.
- I like how much easier it is to flip through your Followers.
- I hate that you can't right-click on a Follower's image and open their information in a new tab.
- I can't tell what kind of organizational structure they are using (is it still latest additions at the top?).
- I dislike the vague and, as far as I can tell, useless links they added to the box.
- After reading their material and skimming the TOS of Friend Connect, I still don't know what else they are trying to add/do... and some of the releases are a little scary to me.
So, we'll see. I still like Google, but I think connecting Followers to Friend Connect may be a little premature, and I'm wary of where they're trying to take it.
Your Media Production Mentor