- 1,200 people have expressed interest in this DIY movie making class by visiting the Filmmaking 101 page.
- 147 students have subscribed to have the lessons emailed to them.
- 17 students have completed the first assignment.
- No one, as of yet, has finished the program.
- 5,900 people have watched the most popular video: Paper Floor: Basement Improvement Project. ...somehow, I don't think they are interested in making films.
What's happened this year? I have been busy creating and working to promote this course. I have also blogged a couple times each month and begun work on another short (now in post-production). Currently 72 hours of footage is uploaded to YouTube every minute, so I'm not surprised my little free film classes haven't been seen by more people. I am hoping, however, that this coming year will produce several "graduates" and more incoming aspiring filmmakers looking to start their journey in media production.
What else is ahead this coming year? I may start teaching a film class or two at a local college, just for fun. I hope to produce a couple of shorts, complete with behind the scenes and write-ups detailing what I've learned. I'm also committed to help you hone your video skills. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!
Thanks so much for being part of the Production-Now.com community! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create in this coming year.
Your Media Production Mentor